In 2017 Chris Buck burst onto the Canadian Country scene with his self-titled debut album, and the Top 20 hit “That’s When You Know”. The quintessential love song garnered more than 2.8 million streams and over 80 playlist adds on Spotify, a CCMA nomination for Video of the Year, 6 months of “Top 10 Most Wanted” on SiriusXM, and solidified the the band winning Album of the Year at the British Columbia Country Music Awards, among many other accolades. In 2018, Chris Buck Band is back with new music leading off a busy touring season across Canada, and an album release coming in the fall.
Though he played music from a young age, Chris Buck was inspired to go “ALL IN” and pursue a serious career in music after the death of a young musician friend whom he had mentored. For years the band rode the asphalt, growing a grassroots following before signing with Royalty Records / Sony Music Canada in 2016. Chris Buck Band’s self-titled 2017 debut on the label features 4x top 40 country radio hits, “Leave Your Light On“, “Giddy Up“, “Sun Sets Down” and “That’s When You Know” ft Kira Isabella. Along with Chris Buck, the group’s current line-up consists of guitarist Ryan Stead, bassist Matt Generaux and drummer Taylor Allum.
Radio & Online
- Over 3.6 Million Streams on Spotify, with over 164.3K monthly listeners and added to over 80 playlists
- “That’s When You Know” has over 2.8 million streams alone on Spotify
- “That’s When You Know” was the #1 most added single for 3 weeks and reached Top 20 on Canadian country radio
- “That’s When You Know” Video Premiered on CMT Canada & CMT.ca
- Trending on Shazam with over 25,500 followers
- Self-titled album released with Royalty Records / Sony Music Canada debuted in top #20 on iTunes
- “Sunsets Down” charted at #33 on Mediabase/BDS
- “Giddy Up” single hit #34 on Canadian Country Music Charts and aired on CMT Canada
- Over 600,000 views on Youtube and over 30,000 social media follows/likes (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Winners of the British Columbia Country Music Award (BCCMA) for Album of the Year in 2017
- Nominated for Video of the Year at the 2017 Canadian Country Music Awards (CCMA) for “That’s When You Know”
- Winners of the BCCMA for Club Act of the Year in 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Nominated for Group of the Year, Video of the Year and Song of the Year at the 2016 BCCMA’s
- Winners of 1st prize in the Nashville 2016 UnSigned Only songwriting contest
- Winners of the BCCMA for Group/Duo of the Year in 2015.
- Played over 200 live shows in Canada through 2016/2017, including Sasktel SK Jazz Festival, Canada Day Summer Throwdown
- Wasaga Beach, Manitoulin Countryfest, Rogers Hometown Hockey, CNE, Nashville North and more
- Opened for Thomas Rhett, Sam Hunt, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Tim Hicks, Aaron Pritchett, Joe Nichols, and Old Dominion
- MusicBC Featured Artists at The 2017 Whistler Film Festival
Share This Artist