Nice Horse is what happens when four bold, brilliant and badass women get together to raise a little hell—and play a little music at the same time. This Alberta-based band, made up of Brandi Sidoryk (bass/vocals), Katie Rox (guitar/banjo/vocals), Tara McLeod (electric guitar), and Krista Wodelet (drums/vocals), is out to turn the tables on the country music world and show the guys that they can rock—and party— just as hard. Sure, there are plenty of strong female country artists in Daisy Dukes out there, but try to name another self-contained unit that plays their own instruments and writes songs as potent as “Jim, Jack, Johnnie & Jose,” the band’s roof-raising single “Pony Up”, and the feminist anthem “Mansplainin’”.
There’s plenty of more proof on Nice Horse’s aptly titled full-length debut album, There Goes The Neighborhood (emphasis on the neigh!), produced by Jeff Dalziel (Washboard Union, Brett Kissel), along with the legendary Bob Rock (Metallica, Motley Crue) on a couple of tracks. The band’s first major tour was as direct support for Canadian icon Tom Cochrane, and they’ve since opened for other industry heavyweights including Gord Bamford and Jess Moskaluke. Additional touring highlights include major festivals such as Big Valley Jamboree, the Calgary Stampede, and Boots & Hearts – always showcasing their signature high-energy live show.
The bottom line? If you're looking for a good time, then Nice Horse is more than willing to take you along for the ride!
- Nominated for Country Recording of the Year, Group of the Year & Music Video of the Year at the 2019 YYC Music Awards
- Nominated for Interactive Artist of the Year at the 2018 and 2019 CCMA's
- Won the 2018 YYC Music Award for Country Recording of the Year, as well as Group of the Year and Video of the Year (for “Mansplainin’”) at the 2019 Alberta Country Music Awards (ACMA).
- Nominated for "Fans' Choice" at the 2018 ACMA's
- 2nd place in PROJECT WILD 2017 (a country artist development program run by Wild 95.3 and Alberta Music)
- First single "Pony Up" hit #30 on Stingray Hot Country Canada
Second single "Mansplainin'" featured on The Casey Clarke Show with Roo Phelps (national syndication)
- Two music video exclusive premieres, on CMT ("Pony Up") and Canadian Musician ("Mansplainin'").
- There Goes The Neighborhood produced by Jeff Dalziel (Washboard Union, Brett Kissel) along with the legendary Bob Rock (Metallica, Mötley Crüe)
- Finalist in Storyhive Video Competition
- Airbnb released a video profile of Nice Horse for International Women's Day
- Sponsored by Fender, Deering Banjo Company, Cody & Sioux (clothing), Driving Force, and Prestige Hotels and Resorts